Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Woe of the Doe

One day, as the sunshine shone,
I walked a lonely road alone,
Until I found one to bear my load
Along the summer solaced road.
The one that bore my load was kind,
He brought joy to my heart, and peace to my mind.
It’s just too bad that I was blind…
I looked at him, his face I could not find!
And then I chanced to stub my toe
Upon the hoof of a bypassing doe!
The doe was nibbling a nearby flower.
Her mood towards me by then was sour.
I didn’t want to start a fight,
And so I turned and fled from sight.
And the one to me who was so kind
Kicked that ole’ deer in the behind.
But that poor doe, what had it done?
It never had hurt anyone!
Until it leaped upon his lap
And jumped upon the poor old sap.
Then, the man who’d been so kind that day
Disowned the deer, and strode away!
-By Joshua and Gideon

No comments:

Post a Comment