Saturday, April 9, 2011

Slum Gum

One evening, as I brushed my teeth,
I knelt to see my sink beneath.
My sink beneath was often shiny,
But other times was gross and slimy.
This time I thought, "Oh what a bum!"
For underneath was stuck some gum.
I thought, "Now how did that get there?
I chewed no gum! This isn't fair!"
So I took that gum that had headed south,
And stuck that gum into my mouth.
It tasted good, it tasted sour,
The flavor was green apple power.
But then, a thought erased my grin...
I'd have to brush my teeth again!
And then I noticed the gum was sugarless.
Among men, I was most blessed.
But then a thought worse than the other:
Perhaps this gum belonged to my mother!
Perhaps she'd stuck the gum beneath
To chew before she brushed her teeth!
She said it was jumped on by a frog,
And later chewed on by our dog.
This memory made me sick,
I needed to spit it out quick.
But as I tried to quickly spit,
I accidentally swallowed it!
For it was pooped on by our parakeet,
And later walked on with bare feet.
I quickly checked the sink to see whether shiny or slimy...
To my extreme horror, it was very grimy.
Then I turned green, and very quickly,
My stomach started feeling sickly.
I prayed my heart to be brave.
I knew my stomach He would save.
And then He did! (I knew He would)
My stomach started feeling good.
And since that point of feeling ill,
I've never chewed gum, and I never will!
Out of my stomach it did spill,
And I put it under the window sill.
Then I remembered, and felt like a freak,
I'd stuck that gum there just last week!

The moral of this tale, I think,
If you find gum beneath your sink,
Just throw it away before you chew
The gum that could be the end of you.
By-Connie, Joshua, and Gideon

No comments:

Post a Comment