Friday, April 8, 2011

My Lucky Duck Day

One morning, out of bed I rolled,
Onto the floor, the floor so cold.
And yet, why I asked this story of old,
This floor so icy, and resplendently bold.
Maybe I should invest in a rug,
I thought as I pulled my socks on with a tug.
But those socks turned out to be worse than bare feet,
For later, they caused me to slip on the street!
Then I met a man who offered a plan,
He bought me some shoes and a brand new van!
Now things were looking up from this mornings cold floor!
Why, if it continued this way, I might soon start to soar!
And just when I thought things could not get more right,
A kind lady strolled up, and she gave me a kite!!!
I flew this kite out the window of my van,
And Donald Trump said he was my greatest fan!
He told me to visit him later that day,
And go out for dessert. (He said he would pay)
I told him, "I'd love to! I eat like an ox!"
But then I remembered my slippery socks...
He then gave me 10 diamond dog collars,
And Bill Gates offered me 10 billion dollars!
I don't know why he offered such a stash,
But I told him I couldn't take all of his cash.
Then he said "All my cash? No, not even near!
I just feel like seeing some cash disappear!"
Then all the presidents called me at noon
And offered me title and deed to the moon!
Now this offer I simply couldn't resist,
Moon farming, you see, was on top of my list!
So I went to the moon and I planted a crop
Of large moonbeans. They're used to make rare soda pop.
But the moon was full of Razor Red Hens
That nested in the footsteps of rocket flying men.
But the eggs, oh the eggs, they really were something,
So I made up my mind to give up and go hunting.
But after awhile, I saw something quite red,
It flew by, and it dropped an egg right on my head!
And since the moon was so cold
The egg froze long before it got mold.
And then I drowned in a river of cream...
But then, I woke up! It was all just a dream!!!
-By Gideon, Joshua, and Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment