Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Poor Fish

I have a Betta fish named Prune
I bought a few years back in June.
I thought he'd bring me happiness,
and though I hate to, I confess
I never stopped to think ahead
About the thing I've come to dread,
The thing that's come to haunt my soul,
The thing called "Cleaning out his bowl"
It's lame, although I'm no complainer,
to scrub that purple pet's container!
It's not the fish, please realize,
but his gross dish that I despise.
The poor, poor thing, I shouldn't speak,
but I don't clean it every week...
In fact, I'm doing good I fear
to clean it once or twice a year!
You think that's bad, the way I treat him?
Well I don't always even feed him!
So, yes, I'm cruel, but that aside,
I love my pet who loves to hide,
and I will keep my grown-up guppy
until I find him belly-uppy!
And at the time he dies, precise,
He'll head to fishy paradise!
-By Gideon

No comments:

Post a Comment