Monday, August 8, 2011

Rhyming for Fun sans Sun

I love to write, I love to rhyme,
I love to do it all the time!
I love to sit and think of words
that sound the same, like "Thirds" and "Birds".
But most the time, and no offense,
I like to make my rhymes make sense...
Except for evenings like tonight
when I'm too tired to function right.
Then all my rhymes will simply be
a waste of time, as you can see!
But hey, if you have read this much,
then I must have the rhyming touch!
This is so bad, so bad I think:
my pen is running out of ink.
I won't be able now to write,
but that's alright, for it is night,
and I shall go and rest my head
upon my stinkin-linkin bed.
And if you think this note is not
worth reading, then forget that thought,
for here is something you have gained:
this note has kept you entertained!
At least, I really hope it has...
If not, go listen to some jazz!
-By Gideon

No comments:

Post a Comment