Monday, April 11, 2011

The Fish Who Wore Pants

"Would you dance, would you dance?
I say, would you dance with a fish who wears pants?"
I said, "No." And he said, "Would you give me a chance if I was from France?"
"I don't care if you are from France, or that you dance in pants,
I cannot give you a chance!"
"Would you give me a glance
if I wore a shiny belt and buckle on my dancing pants?"
"No, I don't care if you wear shiny, buckled, dancing pants in France,
with you I will not dance!"
"What if I wear polka dots on my dancing pants in France?"
"No. I don't care if you have a polka dot grin,
dancing pants, or a single chin,
I cannot dance with you in your pants from France!"
"Then there is no chance?"
"No," I said. "Swim home, please leave me alone!"
With that the fish swam home sad, and I was left all alone,
with no one to dance with, I had gotten my wish.
It might have been better had I dared to dance with the fish.
-By Joshua


No comments:

Post a Comment