Saturday, April 2, 2011

Diary of Winter

October is Over

When everything turns brown and red and gold,

when everything turns frosty and cold,

when the little bunny eats her last little clover,

I'm sure glad...October is over.


November has Ended


With all her sharp edges, and an ice crystal wreath,

winter first sinks in her cruel jagged teeth.

With snowmen in snowboards, I befriended.

I'm sure glad...November has ended.


December I Remember


When we are in the depths of frozen time,

all the snow grows deeper, and the sun refuses to shine,

when the fire in the stove burns bright, and our only light an ember,

I'm sure glad...December I remember.


January is Imaginary


If I just close my eyes and let it pass by,

can I hibernate, or grow wings, lift up and fly,

to somewhere warmer, on the wings of a golden canary?

I'm sure glad...January is imaginary.

-By Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment